1. The final investment decision has been postponed to Dec 2016 for Canada LNG.
2. Ledcor-Haisla Ltd. Partnership has been selected as the lead Contractor for site preparation activities.
3. Canada LNG has stated publicly that first priority for jobs for members of the Haisla Nation and locals of Kitimat along with residents in neighbouring communities of Terrace, Prince Rupert, Smithers and First Nation communities in between.
Kitimat WorkBC does not speak on behalf of Canada LNG. If a final investment decision is made, contractors/sub-contractors will be directed to Work BCs and employment agencies with First Nations bands across the Northwest to post labour requirements.
4. Out of area job seekers are encouraged to research and/or contact Canada LNG themselves with questions specific to their situation through the following methods:
5. Job seekers who want to apply online to Ledcor can only apply if a specific job is posted in a specific location. If there are no jobs posted in Kitimat that means they are not accepting resumes.
6. Like the Kitimat WorkBC FaceBook page for updates on this and other projects.
7. If all else fails google what you are looking for. Just because we live in the community where this project is supposed to happen doesn’t mean we know the current facts and information is subject to change.
Kitimat LNG is also a project that has been proposed for our area. The most recent community notice is that they have a tentative schedule of activity proposed in our region:
For more information email: KitimatLNGfeedback@chevron.com